Relax. You deserve it, it’s good for you, and it takes less time than you think!
We asked YOGACENTRIC’s Founder Coby Greer for some tips on reducing stress in our everyday lives. Here’s what she had to say…
- Be mindful of the situations that cause you to feel stressed.
- Understand the situations you can and can’t control – invest your time and energy into the areas where you have control and influence.
- Prepare for stressful situations in advance.
- Assess each problem and keep it in perspective.
- Prioritise your time and see what is really important.
- Learn to say ‘NO’! – be clear about your personal boundaries and learn to communicate these respectfully.
- Set realistic and achievable goals, managing your own expectations of yourself.
- Commence your self-care strategies before things escalate – schedule in regular breaks to recharge – look after YOU!
As part of Bodhi J’s commitment to holistic wellbeing, we’ve partnered with Coby to present a 6-week program Slowing Down – Mindfulness & Meditation, Thursdays 18th and 25th August, and 1st September, 8th, 15th, and 22nd from 6.00pm – 8.00pm at Bodhi J Pier Street.
The program teaches mindfulness through formal practices of body-scanning, sitting and yoga meditations; and also explores ways of consciously responding to stressful situations and difficult conversations. This program will offer you an improved sense of wellbeing, enrich meaningful relationships, and provide a much deeper sense of calm to better manage the effects of stress in your life.
Cost – $349.00
For bookings, please contact Bodhi J Pier Street Tel: 08 9466 8260 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Mindfulness is about being fully awake in our lives. It is about perceiving the exquisite vividness of each moment.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn